It is with regret that that we inform you that Johnson and Johnson Vision Care have withdrawn their services from
South Africa due to operational and logistical challenges.
The products affected are:
• Acuvue Oasys
• Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism
• Acuvue 1 Day Moist
• Acuvie 1 Day Tru Ey e
• Acuvue Advance
• Acuvue 2
If you are an Acuvue wearer, we do have 2 options available;
A local distributer is managing at this stage to supply us with limited Acuvue product. This includes Acuvue Oasys
and Acuvue 1 Day Moist(only 30 packs). Each order will be processed individually to confirm stock availability.
Additionally, in store we do have good stock of Acuvue Oasys 8.4.
Chat to your optometrist about the best alternative for you. Should your prescription be current we can advise you
on a trial in another brand or if your last exam was more than a year ago please make an appointment with your
optometrist for a full assessment.
We apologise for any inconvenience for this unforeseen decision by Johnson and Johnson. Please call us with any
Do i have a dry eyes?
Dry Eye is one of the most common eye problems we see at VISION. If you have dry eyes, you will experience the
• A stinging, burning or scratchy sensation in your eyes
• Stringy mucus in or around your eyes
• Increased eye irritation from smoke or wind
• Eye fatigue
• Sensitivity to light
• Eye redness
• A sensation o f having something in your eyes
• Difficulty wearing contact lenses
• Periods of excessive tearing (yes tearing! Your eye realizes it’s dry and secretes reflex tears)
• Blurred vision, often worsening at the end of the day or after focusing for a prolonged period.
Why do i have dry eyes?
There are a few reasons, but mainly the following:
• It is a natural aging process
• Due to certain medications a nd systemic diseases
• Your office environment with air-conditioning, fans or heaters
• Our dry Joburg climate, or very windy area
• Poor diet and low water intake
• Insufficient blinking, when doin g for example computer work
• Meibomian gland blockage; these are the glands that supply oils to the tear layer
• Contact lens wear